MECHANICAL SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER 1
The Mechanical Systems Design Engineer 1 will contribute to a cutting-edge, growing team located at Synergy Consulting Engineers’ Grand Rapids,MI Office, both designing and analyzing building systems. At Synergy, we strive as individuals to further our knowledge and understanding of our industry and to work together to generate innovative solutions to the problems that our clients face. The ideal mechanical systems design engineer will be enthusiastic, teachable, and willing to collaborate.
- Mentored by the Facility Engineering Services (FES) Team
- Perform design engineering in critical environment applications focused on Healthcare, Cleanroom, and Research applications
- The engineer will become proficient in:
- Building systems design engineering
- Equipment sizing and load calculations
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) in Revit
- Interpretation of mechanical and plumbing drawings, equipment submittals/cutsheets & catalog data
What qualifies you?
- Completion of at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in HVACR, Mechanical Engineering, or Architectural Engineering Major (specializing in Building Mechanical Systems)
- 2 years of experience in Mechanical or Plumbing Systems Engineering
- Passed, or on track, to pass Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam
- Excellent analytical skills
What is the company like?
- Average 40-45 hour work week
- Greater Grand Rapids Area or ability to relocate
- Traditional office setting (2-3 days/week)
- Virtual/Remote (2-3 days/week)
What are some benefits?
- A hybrid virtual/remote work environment
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Within 1 Month You Will…
- Learn the Company’s mission, team structure, and role expectations
- Begin understanding the design process within applicable design engineering projects
- Join a tight-knit team intent on encouraging your growth
- Nearing proficiency in Revit
Within 3 Months You Will…
- Put what you’ve learned to action by ramping up your workload
- Work independently on design engineering projects
- Immersed in the Synergy Way of design engineering
- Attend an ongoing construction project to learn first-hand from installation of MEP systems
Within 6-12 Months You Will…
- Lead an MEP discipline on a design engineering project
- Contribute to the team by mastering the skills of the role
- Grow in proficiency by adding continuing education to your skill set
- Ability to mentor an intern
Starting pay range: $60,000-$65,000
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] with “Mechanical Systems Design Engineering I” in the subject line.
Synergy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, marital, or veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, height, weight, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. We are also absolutely committed to providing a work environment that is free of ALL forms of unlawful harassment. We will not tolerate the harassment of our Team Members by anyone –supervisors, coworkers, clients, vendors, or visitors. All Team Members have the right to work in an environment free from intimidation and harassment. Further, we are committed to having a professional work environment in all areas where everyone can comfortably and productively work.