Electrical Design Engineer
Are you looking for the right place to put your electrical engineering expertise to work?
Are you looking for a great place to further you career as an Electrical Design Engineer? Our growing team has an opening for someone with passion for designing and analyzing electrical systems. If you have experience in building systems electrical design engineering, lighting system design, equipment sizing BIM in Revit, and interpretation of electrical drawings this would be a great fit for you to grow your career with continued growth opportunities. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, teachable, and willing to collaborate.
What do you need?
- Ability to interpret technical specifications, equipment cutsheets, and catalog data.
- Experience with and utilization of HAP Analysis software (energy modeling) and analyzing existing buildings’ energy.
- Communication abilities to turn technical reports into executable project steps.
- Knowledge of Electrical systems design and testing, building codes, energy modeling, and ability to interpret schematic design.
- Unparalleled collaboration skills to work within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, vendors, clients, architects, and contractors.
- Attention to detail that ensures timely deliverables that are in sync with design and construction milestones all supported by strong analytical skills, efficiency, and a solid understanding of MEP Engineering and Construction.
What qualifies you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Professional Engineer, or on track for PE
- Minimum 3+ years of Electrical Systems Engineering, including construction drawings, specification review, equipment submittal review, and construction installation experience is required.
- Required to have demonstrated experience in the application of electrical building codes, NFPA 70, 99, 101, Facility Guidelines Institute, and healthcare codes.
- Intermediate experience with building software (Revit and Navisworks) required with SQL, Haystack, JSON, CSS, HTML, and C-Sharp experience being highly preferred.
- A strong technical understanding of IT (Information Technology) systems and networks.
- Experience with parameters outlined by Renewable Energy Systems, LEED, Green Globes, International Well Building Institute, and any other relevant energy conservation principles and organizations, preferred.
What are some benefits?
- Health and Dental Insurance (company pays 75% of premium)
- HAS Plan also offered
- 401k (company matches up to 4% match)
- Profit Sharing Plan (earn up to 15% of your salary, paid quarterly)
- Short and long term disability
- Paid time off
What’s the Company Like?
- Average 40-45 hour work week
- Small company culture
- Greater Grand Rapids, MI area, or ability to relocate
- Traditional Office Setting (2-3 days/week)
- Virtual/Remote (2-3 days/week)
- Travel approximately 10% of the time
Within 1 Month You Will…
- Learn the Company’s mission, team structure, and role expectations
- Join a tight-knit team intent on encouraging your growth
- Begin understanding the electrical engineering design process within applicable design engineering projects
- Gain proficiency in Revit and other modeling software
Within 3 Months You Will…
- Put what you’ve learned to action by ramping up your workload
- Begin working independently on electrical design engineering projects
- Perform photometric calculations
- Immersed in the Synergy Way of design engineering
- Attend an ongoing construction project to learn first-hand from installation of MEP systems
Within 6-12 Months You Will…
- Contribute to the team by continuing to master the skills of the role
- Grow in proficiency by adding continuing education to your skill set
- Ability to mentor an intern
Starting Salary Range: $80k-$100k
Profit Sharing Annual Estimate: $8-10k
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] with “Electrical Design Engineer” in the subject line.
Synergy is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, marital, or veteran status, physical or mental disability, age, height, weight, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. We are also absolutely committed to providing a work environment that is free of ALL forms of unlawful harassment. We will not tolerate the harassment of our Team Members by anyone –supervisors, coworkers, clients, vendors, or visitors. All Team Members have the right to work in an environment free from intimidation and harassment. Further, we are committed to having a professional work environment in all areas where everyone can comfortably and productively work.