- AS, Ferris State University, HVAC Applications, 1996
- BS, Ferris State University, HVAC Engineering Technology, 1998
- Qualified Commissioning Tech, University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Certified Commissioning Tech, University of Wisconsin, Madison
Accreditations & Professional Affiliations:
- American Society of Heating, Air Conditioning, & Refrigeration Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Institute of Environmental Sciences and Technology (IEST)
- Level 1 Thermography Certification with ITC, 2019
Facility Health Engineering Service Team Leader
Nick’s Professional Experience
After graduating with a degree in HVAC, Nick worked in designing and building cleanrooms. He joined Synergy in 2007 and has increased his knowledge in HVAC systems commissioning, mechanical engineering design, and plumbing design; especially in Healthcare facilities. Nick leads the Facility Health Engineering Service Team who perform Facility Condition Assessments across the country so clients are empowered to operate their facilities at maximum potential.
Get to know Nick:
In my woodshop, turning anything on the lathe, building something. It’s the space where I clear and refresh my mind.
Don’t ever ask someone to do something that you won’t do yourself.
I wanted to be a Park Ranger at Yellowstone National Park.
Playing small does not serve God or the world. To me, this means if you’re going to do something do it as big and best as you can. It doesn’t matter if you’re playing basketball, play bigger, harder, faster. If I’m working on a Facility Condition Assessment, I’m going to very detailed in assessing the client’s facility.