- BS, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Architectural Engineering, 1995
Accreditations & Professional Affiliations:
- Registered Engineer: MI, OH, IN, FL, GA, WI, PA
- Certified ASHRAE Building Commissioning Professional (BCxP)
- LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- American Society of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Engineers (ASHRAE)
- American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE)
- Building Commissioning Association (BCA)
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES)
- Certified member of CABE: Chartered Association of Building Engineers International
Founder & Chairman
Hans’ Professional Experience
Hans founded Synergy Consulting Engineers in 2005 with a vision of a company that provides a holistic approach to architectural engineering. As a licensed Engineer in many states, Hans has taken Synergy’s work into many critical environment facilities across the country, standing alongside clients helping them achieve safe, reliable, efficient, and healthy buildings. Hans is grateful to lead the diverse talent within the Synergy team and is proactive with promoting camaraderie through quarterly summits where the team can be found attending sporting events or navigating escape rooms. Hans and his family are based in beautiful west Michigan.
Get to know Hans:
People are surprised that I’m one belt short of a black-belt. I did Tae-kwon-do during college.
King David. He was a man after God’s own heart. He messed up a lot, was super passionate, yet was completely humble. I’d like to hang out with him and hear about his stories and his heart for God.
A-Team. I love the concept of a team of misfits who face problems and work together to come up with a solution and a plan comes together.
I would make community service be a requirement to renew your driver’s license. Maybe this would make people a bit kinder.
Seeing Danelle and my kids happy when we’re all together. And of course, the dogs. When we’re all together and truly enjoying our time together, this makes me the happiest. And times when I’m out hunting or dog training and when I take the moment to reflect how great God is. That makes me pretty happy.
All in. In everything, be all in. Whether it’s work, play, worship, relationships, that’s me. Be all in.