- Electrical Apprenticeship Program, 1996-2000
- Electrical Inspector Training Program, 2008
- NABCEP Solar Training, 2009
Accreditations & Professional Affiliations:
- Member Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
- Journeyman Electrician, Michigan 2004
- Master Electrician, Michigan, 2007
- Qualified Commissioning Process, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2012
- University of Wisconsin Certified, QCxP, 2011
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional Certification, CMVP 2018
- Level 1 Thermography Certification with ITC, 2019
- AEE Certified Energy Manager, 2020
Facility Performance Engineering Service Team Leader – Tampa, FL
Darren's Professional Experience
Darren joined Synergy in 2010, specializing in electrical design and solar design and installation. He quickly expanded his repertoire of skills and gained proficiency with commissioning and facility performance engineering. He moved to Florida in 2016 to head Synergy’s Facility Performance Engineering Service Team in the Tampa Bay region where he ensures facilities are commissioned with the future in mind.
Get to know Darren:
It surprises people that I went to space camp when I was 14 years old.
I wanted to be an astronaut. I’ve always loved space since I was little looking through the telescope that my grandpa built. He was definitely a non-degreed engineer. That man was brilliant.
I don’t have a motto. I guess I have more of an anti-motto. Life is always changing, we have to be flexible.
It would probably be Nicola Tesla. I would ask him about all the things he came up with, especially some of the technology we’re just figuring out now. Tesla was the most underappreciated mind of our time. He would give Albert Einstein a serious run for his money.